Most of the morning I worked more on using requests and Beautiful Soup to find all of the PDFs linked on a page and merge them into a single one on the local drive. It does feel good to be doing this and only having to look up documentation rather than puzzling over how to actually do something. That may be a small step but it does feel like all of the time studying up to this point that I have spent has begun to pay off. I still need to work out how to get it to read pdfs from url’s.
Devel box. I ended up doing this with metasploit and upon looking at the system info I think the reason that I was having so much difficulty getting this to work with any of the payloads that I tried is that it is a 32-bit system and the payloads were 64-bit payloads. Tomorrow I am going to try to find a 32-bit payload and give it another try without metasploit.
The first two videos from section 6 hexadecimal from David Bombal’s CCNA course.